November 8, 2010

More Christmas Early....

I finished my sisters tree skirt! Remember I posted about it a few weeks ago? Well I finally sandwiched the layers, quilted and sewed some binding. Every step of the way on this project just made me more excited. Everything just came together better than I had envisioned it.

My sister came home last weekend and took it home with her to use right away. I had to quickly snap a finished picture before it got put into her suitcase, so sorry for the not so great photos.


I got a little close up of the quilting and one of the applique ornaments. I also had to put one of my fun labels. I am trying to leave my mark on as many things I can remember to.

Since I have been in such a Christmas mood I whipped up a very cute Kate Spain 12 Days of Christmas throw quilt. I made it using charm squares and a jelly roll. This is the first project that I have used pre-cuts and I can't believe I haven't used them earlier! They are the best invention ever, totally saving me some major cutting time.


I was so excited at how quickly this was coming together that I ended up making this in 2 days start to finish. I think that may be a record for me.

Have you discovered the greatness of pre-cuts yet? Let me know what you do with them because I have a feeling I am going to be obsessed with them from now on :)

Take care mucho,
-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment