November 10, 2010

Oh, Franson's Quilt Along

I have been a long time admirer of Elizabeth from Oh, Fransson! I have her on my google reader and am always reading what she has to share. I kept seeing and reading her fun posts about her Tokyo Subway Quilt Along. I wasn't planning on joining in on the fun since I have so many things going on, but then I saw her post with all the blocks together and possible backing choices that I couldn't resist any longer.

I joined the group VERY late. I mean most participants had all 25 blocks done when I just started off. I figured it didn't matter since Elizabeth was going to take a break for Fall Market anyway. I have quickly started to catch up.

I have cut all the squares (which is lots and lots). There is a ton more white ones but it didn't make for such a fun pictures.


Here are blocks 1 & 2, though I have finished a total of 5.




Although it is a bit tedious I think it is turning out awesome! I still have 20 more to go. My goal is to have it done for Christmas for my husband (he's half Japanese, I think he would get a kick out of it).

Have you joined some fun quilt along or sewing group lately?

Take care mucho,
-Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I keep running across this Tokyo subway map. I wonder how it ended up as a quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete