May 12, 2010

Now we are rolling.... cutting and a little sew along

So I am feeling much better. I had a chance this weekend to organize one wall after a quick trip to IKEA (my favorite store!).

Now my side of my sewing room is looking like this...


And I'm not even worrying about the fact that the other side still looks like this....


One more trip to IKEA should do it. Who knows when I'll be able to manage that one though.

Because of this new bit of organization, I have been able to get my act together for our sew along. Finally! Right? I am very sorry for all of you followers. I have been very busy I can assure you. I hope to bring you good stuff in the next two weeks.

I have cut all my fat quarters to look like this ...

I have to make a correction from my last posting. When I had posted my diagram of how to cut the fabric I forgot to take into account the selvage edge. So instead of having two strips to cut on one end for the binding you will only be able to get one. It should all work out in the end so no need to stress and buy more fabric :)

I also have gotten together some videos to show how to arrange, mark and sew your half triangle squares. You hopefully have your squares cut so, let's start with how to arrange your piles of squares.




After you have arranged and paired up your fabrics you can move on to marking your squares. We are using the half square method, so it is very important that you take your time to mark your squares.




If you can get this far in a week I will be impressed. It does seem like a lot of busy work I know, but it does go by quickly and it will be super easy when we start sewing.

Since I know I am a bit behind for all you quilt alongers, I am setting a goal to have the sewing post and videos up by the end of the week.

Let me know what you think of the videos. This is a first for me so would love to get feedback. I hope it is more useful than pictures, but if you don't like it I can always go back.

Happy cutting, arranging and marking.

Take care mucho,
-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment