May 16, 2010

Birthdays sometime come early!

My birthday is not too far away (only 7 day, but who is counting, haha).
I know that after a certain time I really shouldn't feel like a giddy 5 year old, year after year about the day I was born, but undoubtedly I do.
This year my husband has totally spoiled me by getting me my very first serger! He was even nice enough to give it to me almost two weeks in advance (because we really suck at keeping presents a secret from each other... It's just too exciting when you know the person is going to absolutely LOVE it!).

I came home one day last week and a big box address to me was waiting patiently to be opened. I quickly opened it up too see this...


I have already taken it for a mini test drive and can't wait to dive in to some projects. It has been hard to find time to sit and play, but I think my birthday present to myself will have to be uninterrupted time with present.

Does anyone else out there have a serger? I know there are so many things I can do with this machine, but I don't even know where to begin. Are there good websites or videos out there for serging? If you have any suggestions or advice I would love to hear from you :)

Take care mucho,
-Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I got my first serger not too long ago, it's great! I make pillows and clothes and use it around the inside seams to prevent fraying - that's the most practical thing to do. It really gives it a nice finished, professional looking edge. I just look at store-bought clothes to determine where to serge and when :)

    But you can also use it as a decorative edging! I was toying with the idea of doing this on a tshirt... the thing you have to be careful about is where the serger will cut!

    ReplyDelete