February 24, 2011

Impromptu trip...

So I have been MIA for the past few days because I had to take an impromptu trip to Ecuador.  My mom got some bad news, that my grandmother passed away.  I feel as though life is just way too much sometimes.  The one good thing that comes out of something like this is that everyone is able to get together.  We all got together in Guayaquil, Ecuador where my mom is from.  It was so nice that quite a few of us were able to make the long trip there.  I can't even remember the last time so many of us got together.

I was also very happy when my aunt, who was the one to take care of my grandparents ever since I can remember, let me take with me one of her shirts that I remember fondly as a kid. 

It was my mothers and then was passed on to my grandmother.  I am looking forward to creating a fun quilt out of it so that I can wrap it around me and remember all the great memories I had with my grandma.  I love the numerous memories a simple quilt can hold. 

Take care mucho,
-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment