August 3, 2009

Bee Inspired- July and August

I finally got my butt in gear and whipped up John and Barb's blocks for July.  

These are John's.  He asked us to create a block who's name I can't remember (though did have pineapple in it's name-hence the triangles on the diagonal).  They were fun and easy to make.  He sent us plenty of fabric so I made two for him.... plus they are only 9 inch blocks so the more the merrier.  


Barb wanted a more wonky look.  She was inspired by a wonky bento box style quilt found on Flickr.  So we each made a quarter box.  I loved working wonky.  No rules and no seams to line up.  Such freedom.  I just might have to take a stab at an all wonky quilt soon.


Krista sent her fabric out early, for her month August, because she is in the middle of a big move.  Since I was already working on John's and Barb's I got her fabric out and got to work.  Working on this block was quite liberating.  Krista only sent two colors and gave us some pictures for ideas.  I went the geometrical route.   I like the way it ended up.  I am interested in seeing what the other Bee Inspired members did for their blocks.  

If you want to follow the Bee Inspired group or see other blocks, check out our group on Flickr here.  

Hope everyone can find some inspiration today!
take care mucho,
-Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment