July 2, 2009

Not 1 but 2 quilts....

So as I told you I have been making good use of my summer fun.  I have started two quilts that I have been meaning to start for a few months now and am LOVING the way the squares are coming out.

QUILT #1:
 I had ordered Heather Ross' fishes fabric that I fell in love with and payed probably way too much for since it is out of fabrication now.  It has been sitting on my shelf for months and I wanted the perfect quilt idea to pop into my head before I started cutting into it.  Then as I was surfing blogland I came across this blog.  I fell in love with the third quilt on her title bar, the one with the circles.  Then I searched some more for a possible tutorial since I think circles are pretty intimidating.  I was lucky because I found this.    If you scroll down a little the pictures are great and it is SUPER easy!! The circles actually come out like circles :) Here are some of my squares.  I am hoping to arrange these squares with plain brown squares so it kinda looks like you are looking out a ship window and see fishes swimming by.  I hope that it turns out as good as I think it is in my head.  I will keep you posted.

QUILT #2:
 I started a strip quilt, which I know is quite trendy right now.  I really liked Film in the Fringe's strip quilt so great first strip quilt and paper piecing project, no? I decided to substitute my favorite color, red, mixed in with the black and white.   I used the same widths for the strips.  I am glad I did this for my first strip quilt, though when I do this again I think I am going to vary the widths, I think it spices things up a bit.  

So far I have about 1/3 of the squares needed finished.  Hopefully I can whip out the rest just as quickly as I did these so I can show you a completed top soon. 


Next posting is going to be a little different but definitely FUN!! so please stop by to see.

Wishing everyone a happy 4th of July weekend!!

Take care mucho!
-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment