April 14, 2009

Easter... a little late :)

So I had mentioned in an earlier post that I started a basket but I never showed the finished project.  I was inspired by V & Co. tutorial posted on the Moda Bake Shop blog but constructed mine a little differently.  Instead of wrapping the fabric straps I hand sewed them like I would binding on a quilt so that there would be no raw edges.  I also tried to hide the sewing when coiling up the basket.  It takes a little more time but I wanted the inside to look just as finished as the outside.  Here are pics to show my process.  







My mom hosted Easter (along with all other holidays, haha) so I gave her the basket to fill.  She even surprised me by putting it as the center piece at brunch.  

Hope everyone was able to enjoy their Easter Sunday!

take care mucho,
-Natalie  

No comments:

Post a Comment