February 6, 2009

A few things...

I have a few things to catch up on with my postings.  I have had such a crazy week that I haven't had too much time with my computer.  First I want to show off my Michael Miller fat quarter pack from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I signed up for the monthly mailings and I LOVE THEM!!  It took me a little time to figure out what I was going to do with January's fabrics but I finally made up my mind and have started cutting up the pieces.  I'll be posting about it soon.  February has brought beautiful greens into my stash.  I am looking forward to creating this quilt (whirrlywiggle) with these fabrics.  


I also finally finished the simple striped baby quilt.  It was an easy project with a nice reward at the end.  I really like the way this one ended up.  I have the pink one cut up and ready to sew.  



And lastly Karen (no blog) was my partner for a homemade toy swap and sent me these cute blocks that her 2 and 4 year old helped make.  I thought it was such a cute idea! I will be adding more blocks with different patterns to give to my nephew when he is a tad bit older.  

I think I am finally caught up for now.  Hopefully after the weekend I will have more finished projects to share.  
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I do like the fat quarter bundle you got. I keep trying to convince myself that I can afford to do the monthly thing. But then I find something else that money HAS to be used for. Keep reminding us of the Fat Quarter Shop so we can continue to look and dream!

    ReplyDelete