April 17, 2013

Baby Quilt

A good friend of my husband (and now mine) is having a baby girl in the next month. This past weekend was the baby shower and I knew I had to sew something up for them. What better than a quilt!?
Their nursery is all bright pink with chevron and polka dots (super cute!)
Having a toddler I don't have a ton of time, so I went with a very modern and minimal design. A bold zigzag on the front and a bold stripe on the back. I did something new to me with the quilting. I echoed the lines of the zigzag, but varied the space in between them. As the zigzags were further from the pink bold pieced zigzag the further apart the quilting lines became. I wasn't too sure how it would turn out, but I am totally digging it.
The black and white binding was just my way to add a bit of pizazz to the otherwise simple color scheme of the quilt.
Hope Baby Francesca enjoys snuggling up to her quilt!

*my nephew is modeling with the quilt in the pictures... He's a big fan of quilts! He played with it for at least 20 min. Makes me happy when quilts are loved!



No comments:

Post a Comment