October 25, 2010

DC Modern Update




DC Modern had a great month of get togethers in October. Nicole graciously offered up her house for our regular meeting. I would say 20ish of us were there ready to share, chat and swap. It was so nice to see everyone since I wasn't able to make it to the September meeting.

Here is Nicole sharing one of her quilts. Below are just a few of the pics I took of other members who shared their amazing work!


The week after Katie B. was able to set up a great fabric event for us all. Pam of Del Ray Fabrics opened up her home to a whole slew of us ready to purchase fabric. Pam has a fabulous online store and allowed us to buy from here since we were a local group. I know I swiped my credit card a few times because her selection was amazing! Not to mention it was so nice to see the fabric in person instead of only on a computer screen. Katie's friend even made a quilt cake that was as delicious as it was gorgeous! I totally forgot my camera so I wasn't able to get good shots of the cake or the awesome fabric but this is just part of what I got that night ( I am a little embarrassed by how much I got, haha).


If you are interested in joining in on the DC Modern fun please sign up at our website ...
http://dcmodern.ning.com/

Plans for November has been set. I have started to call it our "Month of Giving" because we have two sewing events were we will be donate all the quilts made.

Take care mucho,
-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment