September 28, 2010

Bake off...

So it has been crazy how cakes I have had to bake lately. It's almost been a cake a week.

First there was my mom's 60th birthday. We hasd an awesome surprise birthday party for her with the color themes of pink and brown. I decided to so something a little simple but fun...



Two weeks later was my friends baby shower. The theme in her nursery was jungle animals. I researched on Flickr (my favorite source of inspiration) and came across Bella Cakes to create this...

My favorite little animal was the little elephant...


Then not even a week later was my husbands birthday. I must have a theme for his birthday... just my thing for some reason, so since he was receiving all work clothes related gifts (per his request), he got a Hugo Boss shirt cake.


It's hard to see some of the details of this one since it is mostly white :( It was also made a little on the mini side. It was about 4" x 7" since there were only a few people who would be eating the cake (I hate having too much left over cake in the house since I am usually the one to finish it... ALL).

The cake baking and decorating hasn't even ended. I have two more cakes to do in the month of October. I will be showing you those after they have been made and probably eaten :)

Hope everyone has had a delicious day!

Take care mucho!
-Natalie

1 comment:

  1. You are good! Next time, I vote you make the DC Modern cake! And then I won't owe anyone sewing lessons... :)

    ReplyDelete