March 1, 2010

One Month Later...


It's been a month since my dad has passed away, and well, weather I want it or not, life must go on.

My sewing machine has been dusted and I'm ready for the fabric therapy to begin.

There is something about creating something new that has always given me a high.  On top of it all, crafting has always been a big part of my life thanks in great part to my dad fostering it and funding it when I was younger.

As I have been saying a lot lately... "My dad would have wanted me to." So I am trudging along doing what I know my dad would have wanted (I am sure he is looking down thinking, "finally!" haha).

I have decided to get my quilt along series on it's way!  On Sunday I will be posting week 1 of the 1st quilt along.  We will start with gathering all the materials.  This is a great beginner quilt for those of you out there that are a little intimidated.  Remember that each quilt in the series will progressively get a little more difficult so that you learn new techniques little by little.  Everyone is welcome!!

If you are able to join (and even if you want to just follow along on the side lines) I have created a Flickr group to show off your creations.  Please upload your pictures to share with everyone.

I hope you are able to join me for little therapy sessions throughout the quilt along.

Take care mucho!
-Natalie

3 comments:

  1. Natalie, I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I can't imagine. I hope that your sewing and pursuit of creative uses for your talent will allow you to heal and reflect on your relationship with your father. You are most definitely in my thoughts! Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your dad smiling down from heaven! I know he is so proud of you...how could he not be. Let his constant energy and enthusiasm guide your creativity!

    XO
    Leeshie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am also sorry to hear about your dad. I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers often over the last several weeks.

    i'm glad to hear you are getting back into your sewing. sewing therapy is one of the best kinds!

    now on that note! i think i need to get sewing and finish up my block to send to you!

    deanna

    ReplyDelete