September 22, 2009

I snuck this last one in....


So before the summer ended, or more accurately before I started to work again, I snuck in one last project. I had gotten another fat quarter pack sent to me from the Fat Quarter Shop (I am part of the Michael Miller club, so I get one monthly- it's awesome!) around the same time the Old Red Barn Co. blog was having a sew along. I didn't have my act together to participate with the sew along, but did take the idea of the quilt and used it up with my fat quarters. It was super easy and quick! Two very good and instantly rewarding factors that I always welcome.
I took the 12 fat quarters and cut all of them into 2.5 inch strips (lengthwise). I then sewed 5 of the strips together and cut out 2 squares out of each 5 strip set. I made 30 squares (making a 5 block x 6 block quilt). The extra 2.5 inch strips were used in the binding adding a little solid blue (which I also used for the entire back) to the binding to make it reach all the way around the quilt.
I LOVE the way this one has turned out and my friend has already claimed it for her birthday present. It will look great on her couch!

Have you come up with any fun quilt or craft ideas to use up your fat quarters? I could use some ideas because I have 2 packs waiting patiently to be cut into and made into something. Any and all ideas are welcome :)

take care mucho,
-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment