June 4, 2009

Oh all the sewing you can sew....

.... when you are feeling good.

So I have been back into the groove lately and it is so much FUN!


One of the firsts project I made were a few pincushions out of scraps from the flying geese block I made Nettie in my Bee Inspired group.  I just LOVE the way they turned out.  I am thinking of making a few of these to give to my Bee Inspired friends when my month comes up (not for a while).  I think it will be a nice thank you gift to the group.  

I also made a cute little hat for my nephew.  Haven't been able to see it on him yet but I am sure he will look adorable, I am somewhat biased you know.  
I got the pattern on etsy and it was super easy!  I might be making a few more of these guys for him.  
I also copied an idea from a friend Laura.  I volunteer for her at DC Threads once a month.  Two months ago she made the volunteers wonderful pattern weights.  Since I have gotten a little into sewing clothes (and not just quilts) they have come very much in handy.  I have been wanting to make my mom a set and I finally got around to doing so.  I think she is going to like the brown and blue ribbons.  
*They are really easy to make if you are interested in making some for yourself.  Just buy inexpensive 2 in. metal washers at your local hardware store and wrap them up with fun ribbon.  You put a dap of hot glue at the beginning and end of the ribbon and voila!! 


The last thing I have made in the past couple of days were some burp cloths.  I had some coordinating fabric scraps from placemats that I made a while ago and finally found a use for them.  I sewed a thick strip of different scraps together and sewed it to the center of some cloth diapers.  They were easy to make and I am sure my sister will find it very useful as my nephew is going  through his teething phase.  

I feel so productive!  I think I am going to really enjoy June :) 

hope you are feeling productive this week as well.
take care mucho,
-Natalie 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nataline. Nice pics. I hope to be able to sew something simple on my own next week. Was there a fee for your pattern on etsy? They're new to me (seen the name many times)--just not sure on all that they do, etc. I love the pattern weights Laura gave us. I've used mine once (my sewing has been limited to the lounge and a sewing class I took in the spring so far). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your blog. I would love for you to come and visit my blog as well, www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com .

    My 8 year old daughter has her own sewing blog. If you would like to see what she's up to, go to www.sewingsister.blogspot.com . She is currently learning how to hand sew. In a few weeks she will start learning how machine sew. She is very excited. Her six year old brother is also featured on her blog. He has been sewing right along with us. It's been a lot of fun sharing this with them.

    Regards,

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete