June 4, 2009

Oh all the sewing you can sew....

.... when you are feeling good.

So I have been back into the groove lately and it is so much FUN!


One of the firsts project I made were a few pincushions out of scraps from the flying geese block I made Nettie in my Bee Inspired group.  I just LOVE the way they turned out.  I am thinking of making a few of these to give to my Bee Inspired friends when my month comes up (not for a while).  I think it will be a nice thank you gift to the group.  

I also made a cute little hat for my nephew.  Haven't been able to see it on him yet but I am sure he will look adorable, I am somewhat biased you know.  
I got the pattern on etsy and it was super easy!  I might be making a few more of these guys for him.  
I also copied an idea from a friend Laura.  I volunteer for her at DC Threads once a month.  Two months ago she made the volunteers wonderful pattern weights.  Since I have gotten a little into sewing clothes (and not just quilts) they have come very much in handy.  I have been wanting to make my mom a set and I finally got around to doing so.  I think she is going to like the brown and blue ribbons.  
*They are really easy to make if you are interested in making some for yourself.  Just buy inexpensive 2 in. metal washers at your local hardware store and wrap them up with fun ribbon.  You put a dap of hot glue at the beginning and end of the ribbon and voila!! 


The last thing I have made in the past couple of days were some burp cloths.  I had some coordinating fabric scraps from placemats that I made a while ago and finally found a use for them.  I sewed a thick strip of different scraps together and sewed it to the center of some cloth diapers.  They were easy to make and I am sure my sister will find it very useful as my nephew is going  through his teething phase.  

I feel so productive!  I think I am going to really enjoy June :) 

hope you are feeling productive this week as well.
take care mucho,
-Natalie 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nataline. Nice pics. I hope to be able to sew something simple on my own next week. Was there a fee for your pattern on etsy? They're new to me (seen the name many times)--just not sure on all that they do, etc. I love the pattern weights Laura gave us. I've used mine once (my sewing has been limited to the lounge and a sewing class I took in the spring so far). Take care.

    ReplyDelete