May 1, 2009

More on the 1st day of the Summit of Awesome....


As promised here are some pictures of the make and takes at the Summit of AWESOME!


Here is a little felt birdie that I created with the help of Mary Jane's Attic.  She had everything ready to go for us and it took about 20 minutes.  I was quite impressed with myself.  I have only attempted needle felting once before and wasn't nearly as successful as I was today.  I don't love my little birds huge beak, but oh well.

These two pictures are the front and back of my decorated mole skin journal.  Can I just tell you how much I LOVE moleskin journals!  They are super handy and I feel like I have one lying around everywhere to help me contain my creativity :) 

The stamps used are from Craft Pudding and aren't they TOTALLY adorable!!! I think she is going to have a booth set up selling some of her stuff tomorrow so guess who is going to be first in line?  

Today was super eventful and I loved every minute of it.  I felt right at home with all the other crafty people out in this world.  Many of my close friends aren't crafters themselves so it is very rare that I get to share what I love to do with people who know what I am talking about.  

I went to 2 info. sessions today.  One was on creating a social network through all the wonderful technology tools (one that they discussed was blogging so I felt as though I was a little ahead of the gang... for once, haha).  Then in the afternoon I went to a session on how to photograph your items.  It was super helpful and had great tips which I hope to post for everyone early on next week.  

I am learning so much and having a blast along the way.  Tomorrow I have two more information session and a few more NEW make and take opportunities so I will be posting again to let you know what is up.  

Happy crafting!

take care mucho,
-Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment