April 22, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival... finally :)


I am sorry it has taken so long, but I am finally back in town and took quick pictures of my favorite quilt.  I like to call this "Dog Park".  I made this one about three years ago when I knew I was going to be getting my first dog! I was really excited and when I saw the pattern for this quilt at my local quilt shop I knew I just HAD to make it.  The pattern comes from Jan Mullen of Stargazey.  Her way of making quilts is my favorite!  There isn't really a pattern per sei, but she does show you the method of creating her patterns.  It is hard to explain just through words but if you check out her website you can get a better idea of it.  What I LOVE about Jan's designs is that they don't have to be exact and they all come out looking VERY unique.  My first few dogs weren't the best.  By the time I got to the last one though, they were just the way I wanted.  One of my favorite details of this quilt is flapping ears.  I thought it added such character to the dogs.  I also just LOVE the bone in the dirt hole.  TOO CUTE!!!


Everyone who saw this quilt thought I was crazy for doing something so pretty for a dog.  What no one understood is that I took my mommy-hood very seriously.  I had never had a pet before that was my sole responsibility and I wanted only the best for him.  Once I did get Arnie, my dog, home he didn't care much to be by himself, even if it was on a pretty quilt.  He just always (and still does) stick to my side.  Even though this quilt hasn't really been used for what it was intended for, it will always remind me of the excitement I felt as I was about to become a mom, and you can't beat that feeling! 

here's my little Arnie two weeks after he came home.  How do you not love the fur ball!!!

take care mucho!
-Natalie 

8 comments:

  1. The quilt and the pup are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great quilt and made in honor of that little guy's coming into your life...how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a sweet puppy. And such a cute quilt. We sewed up a mat for our yellow lab, and she ate it :-( So that was the end of fabric for that queen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. I am a dog person myself, so I am just loving this one! So far, one of my favorites. I am going to check this website out! Thanks for sharing, great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cuteness!!!
    and your little puppy...awww.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute quilt! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad we didn't miss your favorite quilt - it is asorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. What else can I say, it's just so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete