January 22, 2009

Swaps and stuff...

So I have to say I am fully immersing myself in the internet world.  I have been joining swaps and sew along here and there.  It really is making me be very productive.  Below are two kids toys that I made for Karen, my Homemade toy swap partner.  The swap was to honor hand made goodies in light of the new laws being passed for kids toys.  Read Annie's blog to get more info.  I thought it was a wonderful idea!
Karen has two little boys and although we only had to make one thing for the swap, I couldn't have her kids potentially fight over it (like my sisters and I would have) so I made them each a little art pouch (I am, after all, an art teacher and must promote creative minds).                                    






These two pics show the outside and inside of the crayon "brief case".  The black thing you see is a moleskin journal.  I am a HUGE fan of moleskin.  You can pick them up in most bookstores.  



These next two pics show the colored pencil roll up.  I have seen many people make these and thought it was so cute.  It also comes with it's very own moleskin journal of course!

This last pic is of the cutest pouch ever.  I found it because it was featured in Daily DIY, which if you haven't checked out is a great source of inspiration.  The tutorial for this cute and super fast and easy pouch is available at Patchy Apple, another GREAT website! If you are running out of time to make one for yourself she also has links to her etsy store and you can buy one already made.  I just LOVE the way it turned out.  I am going to have to make a ton more, especially for gifts.

Hope your Thursday is going well.  Only one more work day to go!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment