January 2, 2009

Just in time...


Even though I know I am posting about this in the new year I actually got this tree skirt finished a few days before the official start to 2009.  I know I totally missed Christmas, which is obviously what this was intended for, but at least this way I got a few days to admire it before tucking it into one of the holiday boxes and in the attic.  I just know that with all the projects I hope to do in 2009 I will have forgotten that I have already made this tree skirt and it will be Christmas early for me when I start taking all the decorations out.  

I was inspired by CrazyMomQuilts tree skirt, which you will notice have lots of similarities.  My "present" squares aren't a log cabin pattern I just created 7.5 inch squares using different 3 bands of of 7.5 inch wide fabrics.  I also wanted to make mine round.  I did have to use some of my high school math skills,  lol.  But if anyone is interested in knowing dimensions and the simplest way to create this skirt please write me and I'll be happy to share (this way you don't have to sit down trying to remember geometry like I had to do).  

I have been pretty busy these past few days I will have to blog about them as soon as I take some pictures.  I hope everyone's 2009 is off to a great start!  


No comments:

Post a Comment