December 22, 2008

a few things


I have been working on a few things since I started this blog but hadn't had the chance to sit at my computer and share.  So here are two of the things ...

This is an eye mask that I was inspired to make after checking out Sew, Mama, Sew! Blog, to view click here .
I filled mine up with rice so that it may be hot or cold.  I've heard that it also doesn't "turn" bad so it shouldn't smell.  

I am sure you are wondering what exactly these stacked rings are?  Well, these are actually 4 baby slings that I made using the directions on this site.  They are incredibly easy to make and work so well to hold baby.  So I had to make a few for the baby boom that is happening with all my friends.  I would recommend looking at the Maya Sling website to see pictures of the slings in use.  


These three are my first attempt to felting and I have to say I LOVED IT!!! These coin purses were all part of a kit that I bought at AC Moore (local craft store) so it gave clear step by step instructions for both knitting and crocheting the items.  I tried searching for the link for you to see but I can't seem to find it.   I tried crocheting one of them but ran out of yarn so had to pull it all out and knit it (the only bad part of this project).  I am very happy at how these came out and very surprised at how easy felting really is.  I had read and heard from others but really didn't quite believe it until I experienced for myself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment